NICREW ClassicLED Plus LED Aquarium Light, Full Spectrum Fish Tank Light for Freshwater

  • Stylish and modern look with low profile aluminum design
  • The full-spectrum array combines white, blue, purple, red and green LEDs to be brighter than the ClassicLED
  • Adjustable fixture legs fit both rimless and framed aquariums
  • Ideal for freshwater or saltwater fish and low-medium light level plants
  • This product is recommended for use over glass or acrylic canopy-covered aquariums

I got this light because I wanted to do a more heavily aquascaped tank with a lot of live plants and have been very satisfied with it! It was incredibly easy to set up and is easy to take off if I need to take the hood of my aquarium off to make adjustments in the tank. After only 3 days my plants look greener and more healthy, granted none of my plants have extremely high light requirements. I like the full spectrum white light for daytime and the blue setting gives a cool appearance as well. Overall, the light is pretty low profile and doesn't detract from the overall appearance of the tank, especially because my aquarium hood is black so it matches. I think that the product is an affordable cost which makes it accessible for amateur fishkeepers like myself. If you want a more yellow colored light like that of incandescent bulbs this isn't the way to go as the light is definitely white but it illuminates the tank and inhabitants really nicely for viewing. 10/10 would recommend.

I got the 30-36" model for my 29g tank because I was having some trouble lighting it up with other lights or the other lights had a weird greenish yellow tint to them. This light is definitely amazing build quality and brightness for the price! I've had a few other NICREW lights in the past and while I disliked the RGB model, I have liked their Classic and SkyLED lights. I decided to compare this light against the original NICREW Classic since it's the upgrade to the original Classic and I happen to own both. Compared to the original Classic, the Plus model is a very nice upgrade. It comes in a much nicer aluminum body that feels more solid and less of the cheap plastic feel. It also comes with two different sets of legs so you can pick between the two looks or even use the different legs for a different height for the light. It is also much brighter than the original Classic and has the new colored LEDs specifically for plants (it is awesome that NICREW actually supplies some PAR values for us plant people). I preferred the light switch being hidden on the side of the light like with the original Classic, but it works and is still hidden off to the side so it's okay. Overall, I would say it's a great light for at least half off of the cost of larger brands without sacrificing quality.

Just got this light today, and WOW! I ordered the size that fits a 20” tank. I originally bought one of those 10 gallon Top Fin tanks from PetSmart, and while it’s not horrible, I wanted something brighter that would be better for live plants. So I ordered this. Sadly I can’t really use it yet because the glass canopy I ordered hasn’t arrived. That said, I tried it out today and it’s gorgeous! There are two modes: blue lights only and all the lights. I think the blue lights are meant to be an evening light. I’ll probably just use a timer to fade the daytime lights off and on again in the morning. The daytime lights are MUCH brighter than the lights my Top Fin hood has built in. It’s a simple design, easy and intuitive to set up, adjustable and fits great. Seems good quality. I am very pleased and plan to get the smaller version for my betta tank. Photos: the first (and brightest!) is the new NICREW daylight setting. The second pic is my old Top Fin light for comparison. The last pic is the blue setting on the NICREW light.

I have a very big 55 gallon corner tank that had a big hood on the top. After looking at bulbs and seeing the prices i thought I'd look at LED to see what i could find. This lights had the reviews i was looking for. I bought the smaller one without realizing it. I didn't want to bother with contacting the company to change my order so i waited to see how this small one faired. I'm glad i did because it is extremely bright, and does a great job at lighting up my whole tank. I did not attach the legs it came with because i like the flush fit without light shining out of the top, so we'll see how that goes, hoping it doesn't get too hot. It is only the first day of use as well, if it doesn't hold up i will edit my review to reflect.

This is the second Nicrew light I have purchased for my aquariums. I originally purchased the Classic model for my 15 gallon tank and I liked it so much I came back and purchased a Classic Plus for my 56 gallon. Both are quality lights, well built with excellent output. This one is solid aluminum construction with extendable brackets - in fact it came with two types of brackets, one for thin framed aquariums and another for thicker frames which is very nice. It has a switch that allows you to go from full spectrum to blue only for a nighttime effect but I don't use it since all my lights are on timers. It does give a nice look though if that's what you're going for. A comment about customer service: I have been absolutely amazed at the quality of the customer service at Nicrew and will probably be buying products from them for a long time because of it. When I ordered my second light it arrived with a dead transformer. I knew it was the transformer because I plugged the light in with the transformer from my previous purchase and it worked fine. So I contacted customer service and asked them to send me a new transformer. Because the item is fulfilled by Amazon they aren't able to send out transformers without a light so they asked me if I would be alright with them sending me out a return from someone else's order - their logic was that it probably wasn't returned for a dead transformer so I could just take the transformer from that package and have a working light and this way they wouldn't have to waste an entire working light. That sounded like a good plan to me so I agreed it was worth the risk. They immediately sent out the package via UPS but UPS lost it. I eventually saw the tracking slip and it was terrible. UPS sent it all the way from Arizona to Virginia then from Virginia to Washington state, then to Ohio and Illinois and West Virginia before finally making it back to Virginia again. This was completely the fault of UPS - Nicrew had nothing to do with the lost package, but they felt so bad about it that they sent me a really nice algae scraper as a gift. Ironically when the return light arrived the person who had returned it hadn't bothered to put all the pieces back in so it arrived without the transformer I needed. I contacted Nicrew again and told them the plan hadn't worked, and once again they felt terrible about it, apologizing for wasting so much of my time (even though 90% of the wasted time was actually UPS not Nicrew!). At that point they decided to send me a brand new light and told me I didn't even need to bother returning the two lights they had already sent me - both of which worked, they just didn't have working transformers! So I now have three working lights, even though I can only plug in one at a time, and an algae scraper. Amazing! And through it all the Nicrew representative was very nice and quickly responded to all of my messages. They are in a different time zone so most of their responses came in the middle of the night, but they responded to every single email and even periodically checked up on the progress when I hadn't emailed them in a couple of days while waiting on UPS. Really a great experience despite the problems, I happily recommend buying this and any other Nicrew product you may be interested in.

I purchased this item for my daughters Aqua plant tank. The first one worked great for about 2 months and then it stopped working due to wiring issues. I contacted NICREW they were great with customer service. They inquired about the issue with the item and then they replaced it right away. It's been about a month since the new LED light came in. So far seems to be working great. Will purchase from them again in the future, highly recommended.

I'm very impressed with the light. It's a relatively cheap light in the bigger picture, but perfectly fine for the average hobbyist wanting to grow some plants and have a truly white light. Cheaper lights often tend to drift to the cool side of things with 8000 kelvin or higher. This light coming in at 6500 kelvin is perfect! The plants love it and it's easy on the eyes. Best of all you see the true color of your plants and fish. None of that blue overshadowing. My plants have been pearling by late evening since installing the light. In fact, I had to add the legs to elevate it some as it was causing too much algae growth being directly on the glass top. That's actually a good thing, because what makes algae grow also makes your plants grow. :)

We were looking for a light for a 10 gallon 'skittles' shrimp tank (local store sells 'mixed fancy shrimp', which seem to be culls or shrimp that didn't make the grade the breeder was looking for). I was suggested various other brands (beamswork being one), but decided since this tank would be shrimp first, plants second (using all low light plants) we couldn't justify paying that much more. We are on a bit of a budget, regardless, and figured we'd give this nicrew a try. We are certainly impressed with the light. It was brighter than we had thought it would be, but not so bright that it was over powering. It comes with an in-line switch for 'day' (all lights on) and "night' (blue lights only) and 'off'. We currently have it hooked up to an outlet timer so it turns on and off on it's own. This doesn't have some of the customization that other, more expensive, lights have (I also have a fluval plant 3.0 led that has a -ton- of things you can tweak for your needs). But we honestly werent expecting or looking for that when we got this light. So far so good, though! I'm going to give this 5 stars right now because it does exactly as it says on the tin. Again, this isn't the fanciest or best light ever, but for the price I would consider it a good starting light or light to use if you dont need or want the brightest light for your tank.

This light has some great intensity to it. I use the 30" model on a 20 gallon long tank, which is fairly shallow for an aquarium. I have the tank set up as a riverine system, but fairly well planted. This light has all of my plants pearling quite nicely, plus helps grow small amounts of algae (which is referred for my algae consuming stock.) Overall, this light is pretty fantastic. I've had other Nicrew lights on other tanks and they have all performed well for me. Very affordable b leather as well, which is helpful when you have several dozen tanks to light.

We've got wide 13 gallon tank that is about 23 inches long. The led lights in the aquarium hood that come with it were not bright enough for our live plants. I tried installing some LED strip lights in the hood, and it helped some, but the stick-on LED's were still not very bright and I had a lot of them in there. I decided to ditch the hood and had a piece of glass cut from a local glass store and then got this Nicrew light. The Nicrew comes with 2 different brackets to make sure it fits your aquarium. The Nicrew fits perfectly and the brackets are nice and tight - there's no sagging at all. The light is super bright and there's a setting for blue only light for nighttime if you wish. We don't use that. We just run the bright lights during the day. It's only been a couple of days, but the plants seem to be doing well and the aquarium looks great! If you're considering using the LED stick-on lights to upgrade - don't bother. Just get this light instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

History Events on September 01

Class Cotton Weighted Blanket Cover for Adults and Kids | Removable and Washable Duvet Cover for Bedding Blanket | Ultra-Soft Quilted Minky Cover | 36"X48" | Charcoal Gray